Soccer spirit is on the rise in Atlanta. There’s no better place to work on your soccer skills than Piedmont Park. The Active Oval area hosts two soccer fields for your enjoyment. These fields do not have lights. Fields may be reserved. Take a look at the guidelines below for field reservations.
PIEDMONT PARK SOCCER FIELDS
Playing today on the Active Oval?
- Active Oval areas can be reserved by obtaining a permit, except on Friday which are for leisure play only. Please bring your permit with you. Otherwise, the areas are available as first-come, first-serve.
- Check for field closures online or call 404.875.7275 x320
- For a complete list of rules regarding the use of the soccer fields, please download the Active Oval Soccer Field Operating Rules.
Sports League Reservation Process
- Reservations are accepted first-come, first-served from the Reserve Now link below.
- Click here to read the 2019 Piedmont Park Athletic Field Reservation and Use Policy.
- 2019 Reservation Release Dates: Soccer, Softball and Volleyball
- Spring: Monday, January 7, 2019 (March, April and May)
- Summer: Monday, April 8, 2019 (June, July and August)
- Fall: Monday, July 8, 2019 (September, October and November)
- Winter: Monday, October 7, 2019 (December, January and February)
**No winter reservation release for soccer**
- *Reservations Open at 9am
Soccer fields can be reserved during the spring, summer and fall seasons and are closed for maintenance for the winter season. Please keep in mind when submitting reservation requests that Active Oval fields and courts are NOT lighted.
Dates and Times Available for Permitted Play
|Spring||March – May||Every Day Except Friday||8am – 8pm (dark)|
|Summer||June – August||Every Day Except Friday||8am – 9pm (dark)|
|Fall||Sept. – Nov.||Every Day Except Friday||8am – 8pm (dark)|
Soccer Field Reserved Play Fee Schedule
Reservation requests for soccer fields can now be submitted online!
A transaction fee will be charged to process all registration and reservation payments. Reservations are accepted first come first served from the Reserve Now link above. Reservations for each season will be released at least one month prior and each reservation is by the hour.
Download step-by-step instructions for checking field/court availability and submitting reservation requests.
PLEASE NOTE: If this is your first time submitting a reservation request online you will need to create an account. Please click ‘Request Account’ and enter the required information. You will get an email to confirm your account request. Click the link in the email to activate your account. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contact list; all communication regarding your reservation will come from this email address.
Once you have set up an account you can log in anytime to check field/court availability calendars and submit reservation requests online. Reservation requests must be made at least five days in advance. Please contact email@example.com with reservation questions.
The Piedmont Park Conservancy will issue applicants a Permit which must be printed and brought to the park on all reserved play dates.
To schedule make-ups for field/court closures, the reserving party must give written notification (email acceptable) to Piedmont Park Conservancy within seven days after the cancelled reservation date. Please submit email notifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of a weather related event or other events outside human control that closes the Active Oval fields/courts to play, the Conservancy will work with the reserving party to schedule a make-up date during the quarterly season. You must email us within seven (7) days of the weather related cancellation to claim the credits. If a suitable rescheduled date is not found, credits will remain on your account for the calendar year and may be used from season to season. At the end of the calendar year, all credits will be forfeited. No cash refunds are issued.