Whether you want to get in shape, stay in shape or release the week’s stress, Piedmont Park offers several classes and healthy activities to get you moving towards your goal.
Free Fitness: Monthly Opportunities
Check our calendar for exact dates and details.
The Piedmont Park Conservancy have partnered with Sprouts Farmers Market to offer free yoga every fourth Monday of the month! Grab your mat and head over to the Promenade at Piedmont Park. Sign-in begins at 6:30pm and yoga starts at 7pm.
Free Group Fitness
The Conservancy has partnered with November Project to offer free group fitness every first Friday of the month. At 6:27am, no matter the weather, the November Project Atlanta (City #44) will be in the Park holding each other accountable, pushing their limits, and helping each other become better.
Many wisdom traditions use walking as a meditation to calm the mind, connect to nature, and for healing. Breathwalk is where conscious breathing synchronized with walking, sound, and meditation all come together. Breathwalk Programs have a more active component than most walking meditations, so you will get some exercise as you meditate. Different Programs are designed to elicit specific physiological and emotional shifts. Programs are led by certified Breathwalk instructor Joni Winston.
*Before taking a Program class one must first take Introduction to Breathwalk: Breath Patterns.
Fee: $20 per class
Location: Participants will meet at the Welcome Plaza, by level 1 of the SAGE parking facility in Piedmont Park.
1320 Monroe Dr. NE, Atlanta, GA 30306
Maximum 25 participants per class
Schedule: Tuesday, October 16 - December 5 (Drop Down for Details)
Tuesdays from 6-7pm and Wednesdays from 9-10am
- Tuesday, October 16 – Introduction to Breathwalk: Breathing Patterns
- Wednesday, October 17 – Introduction to Breathwalk: Breathing Patterns
- Tuesday, October 23 – Anxiety to Calm
- Wednesday, October 24 – Anxiety to Calm
- Tuesday, October 30 – Confident Energy
- Wednesday, October 31 – Confident Energy
- Tuesday, November 6 – Learn and Create
- Wednesday, November 7 – Learn and Create
- Tuesday, November 13 – Introduction to Breathwalk: Breathing Patterns
- Wednesday, November 14 – Introduction to Breathwalk: Breathing Patterns
- Tuesday, November 20 – Anxiety to Calm
- Wednesday, November 21 – No class
- Tuesday, November 27 – Confident Energy
- Wednesday, November 28 – Confident Energy
- Tuesday, December 4 – Learn and Create
- Wednesday, December 5 – Learn and Create
BC4C Outdoor Fitness
BC4C offers outdoor classes at 5:45 a.m. four to five days a week all within beautiful Piedmont Park. Hold yourself accountable and meet your goal by exercising with a group. The camaraderie will keep you coming back each day. Want to make sure these classes are the right fit? The last week of every month is free for new participants.
BC4C workouts are built on a theory called muscle-confusion, designed for you to get the most out of your workout because your body doesn’t get into a routine. Workouts are the right combination of tough and fun, and are scalable to your level of fitness. There is never a workout you can’t accomplish.
This fitness group donates 100% of its profits to the Piedmont Park Conservancy. The classes meet just inside the 12th street gate of Piedmont Park. Start your fitness journey today by visiting the BC4C website.