Piedmont Park is a haven for dogs and humans alike! While a City of Atlanta ordinance requires all dogs in public areas to be leashed, Piedmont Dog Park is one of the few locations in metro Atlanta where dogs may run free, off the leash. Since 2002, this special off-leash area is one of the most popular features of Piedmont Park.
Piedmont Dog Park Features
- One 3-acre dog run
- Separate enclosures for large and small dogs
- New trails and landscaping
- Benches and restrooms for loyal owners
- Cleaning up after your pet is the law!
- Doggie waste bags are provided throughout the park
- Fines for allowing a dog to run off-leash or for not cleaning up after them include a fine of up to $1,000, a prison term up to 1 year, community service up to six months, or a combination of the above. Don’t let this happen to you.
- Use of the Dog Park is at your own risk
- Owners are responsible for the action of their dogs
- Aggressive dogs are not allowed and must be controlled and/or removed
- Owners should be aware of their dog’s behavior and move to another area of the park if requested
- No dogs can be left unattended in the off-leash areas
- The small dog enclosure is for dogs less than 30 pounds
- The only food of any kind allowed is bite-sized treats
- Serious problems resulting in injury must be reported immediately
- Swimming is prohibited in Clara Meer for both dogs and people
- Piedmont Dog Park is located at the Park Drive bridge. See the Park Map
Give Your Dog a Bone!
Show your support and honor your dog at the same time. Buy a dog bone for $50 and we’ll add your dog’s name to our “bone-if-ied” donor display.
Piedmont Dog Park is 100% reliant upon donations to fund maintenance and improvements. Support your dog park by donating online.