Many wisdom traditions use walking as a meditation to calm the mind, connect to nature, and for healing. Breathwalk is where conscious breathing synchronized with walking, sound, and meditation all come together. Breathwalk Programs have a more active component than most walking meditations, so you will get some exercise as you meditate. Different Programs are designed to elicit specific physiological and emotional shifts. Programs are led by certified Breathwalk Instructor, Joni Winston.
*Before taking a Program class one must first take Introduction to Breathwalk: Breath Patterns.
Fee: $20 per class
Location: Participants will meet at the Welcome Plaza, by level 1 of the SAGE parking facility in Piedmont Park.
1320 Monroe Dr. NE, Atlanta, GA 30306
Maximum 20 participants per class
Schedule: Tuesdays from 6-7pm and Wednesdays from 9-10am
- Tuesday, October 16 – Introduction to Breathwalk: Breathing Patterns
- Wednesday, October 17 – Introduction to Breathwalk: Breathing Patterns
- Tuesday, October 23 – Anxiety to Calm
- Wednesday, October 24 – Anxiety to Calm
- Tuesday, October 30 – Confident Energy
- Wednesday, October 31 – Confident Energy
- Tuesday, November 6 – Learn and Create
- Wednesday, November 7 – Learn and Create
- Tuesday, November 13 – Introduction to Breathwalk: Breathing Patterns
- Wednesday, November 14 – Introduction to Breathwalk: Breathing Patterns
- Tuesday, November 20 – Anxiety to Calm
- Wednesday, November 21 – No class
- Tuesday, November 27 – Confident Energy
- Wednesday, November 28 – Confident Energy
- Tuesday, December 4 – Learn and Create
- Wednesday, December 5 – Learn and Create