Enjoy a day in the Park. Just relax on a blanket or enjoy the different trails, green space and children activities throughout the park. What would a day in the Park be without grilling and food? Piedmont Park has many different picnic options for your guests to enjoy along with concession stands. Some picnic areas require a reservation and others are first come first serve. If you have a large group, you may want to rent one of two covered picnic pavilions. To rent a picnic pavilion, visit the City of Atlanta Office of Parks, Recreation & Cultural Affairs website for more information and call 404.546.6757.
Food and Beverage Concession Areas
Concessions in Piedmont Park offers visitors a wide variety of choices ranging from hot snack food to cold beverages, located throughout Atlanta’s favorite park.
King of Pops (Carts):
- Fridays – Sundays; other days possible
- Locations: 12th Street Gate, Charles Allen Gate, Mayor’s Grove Playground and the Dog Parks
Sean’s Heart of the Park (Outdoor Restaurant):
- Saturday-Sunday: 9:00am-6:00pm
Location: Aquatic Center/Greystone/Mayor’s Grove Playground
Willy’s Mexicana Grill (Restaurant):
- Daily 11am-9pm
- Location: Community Center/12th Street Gate
*Food carts and concession stands are open weather permitting, typically from 12pm-5pm. Food carts and concession stands may be open beyond set hours for special events.
Interested in pushing a food cart? Click here for more information.
Picnic Area Guidelines
- The Work Progress Administration (WPA) built the Picnic Shelter in 1936. It measures 40’ x 60’ and can accommodate 160 people standing or 64 seated. Electricity and water are available. There are two built-in grills adjacent to the shelter.
- The nearby two-story brick Bandstand was built in 1915. It has a capacity of 30 people standing, or 25 seated. Electricity is available, but the Bandstand does not offer water.
- There are 22 grills provided throughout the park for your use and enjoyment. No portable grills are permitted in Piedmont Park. Thank you for utilizing the provided grills and helping us protect our beautiful park!
- Reserve the Picnic Shelter and Bandstand: www.atlantaga.gov/
iparcs or 404-546-6757 press option 0 or email parksreservationist@ atlantaga.gov