Piedmont Park is a haven for dogs and humans alike! While a City of Atlanta ordinance requires all dogs in public areas to be leashed, Piedmont Dog Park is one of the few locations in metro Atlanta where dogs may run free, off the leash. Since 2002, this special off-leash area is one of the most popular features of Piedmont Park.
Does your dog LOVE Piedmont Park? Enter your furry friend for a chance to win!
Join us for our third Dog of the Year Contest! The Piedmont Park Conservancy is looking for an awesome pooch to represent beautiful Piedmont Park for the upcoming year.
Learn more at piedmontpark.org/dogcontest
Piedmont Dog Parks Features
Consistently recognized as one of Atlanta’s best dog parks, the Piedmont Park Dog Parks feature:
- Three acres for dogs to run off-leash
- Separate enclosures for large (30+ lbs) and small dogs (<30 lbs)
- New trails and landscaping
- Benches and restrooms for loyal owners
- Shaded areas
- Dog water spickets
- Weekend concessions including King of Pops with Dog Popsicles!
The Piedmont Dog Parks are located under the Park Drive bridge and adjacent to the Education Garden and Six Springs Wetlands. See the Park Map
Piedmont Dog Parks Highlighted Rules
- All users of the off-leash area shall assume all risk and liability associated with use of the Dog Parks
- Owners are responsible for the action of their dogs. Each dog must be kept within sight of her/his owner and under voice control.
- Dog owners have responsibility for watching their dog’s behavior. If a dog displays aggressive behavior or fights, the owner shall be responsible for immediately controlling or removing the dog from the off-leash area.
- No more than three dogs per owner shall be allowed in the area at one time
- All dogs must wear a collar and ID tag
- All dogs must be properly licensed, healthy, and have current vaccinations
- No puppies under 16 weeks are allowed
- No dogs in heat are allowed
- No dogs are permitted to enter with pronged collars
- Owners must clean up after their dogs – it’s the law
- The off-leash areas have double gated entrances. Owners must close and latch both gates after entering or exiting the area.
- No children under the age of 12 are allowed in the area without close adult supervision
- Serious problems resulting in injury must be reported immediately to the bureau of parks.
(Code 1977, § 10-2015; Ord. No. 2003-112, § 7, 12-9-03; Ord. No. 2005-04, §§ 1, 2, 1-24-05)
- Swimming is prohibited in Clara Meer for both dogs and people
- Rules subject to change – view more rules related to pets in Section 110-70.