On the first week of October, Atlanta’s pups are going to be wet and wild! The Piedmont Park Conservancy will be hosting Splish Splash Doggie Bash on October 7 and 8, a sell-out dog pool party that makes for great headlines and pictures. Come join the fun with hundreds of other pooches and people this fall. Here are the top things you can be excited about for this year’s bash.
- This is the ONLY weekend that dogs get to “take a dip” in Piedmont Park’s pool!
- We have supporters and sponsors giving away a ton of FREE dog-related swag, treats and toys.
- People can enjoy adult beverages at a cash bar while their four-legged friends practice their dog paddle. (Exception: We cannot sell alcohol on Sundays prior to 12:30pm.)
- Meet Ponce – Piedmont Park’s Dog of the Year- and her owners at some of our sessions.
- Don’t have a dog but want to join the fun? This is the first year that we have audience viewing tickets that do not require a canine.
Wondering if your dog is suitable for the event?
- Swimming or not, dogs can have a great time at this event. Dogs that are comfortable with jumping in will have plenty of opportunities. Also, less comfortable dogs can use the zero entry area, or sit poolside bathing in the sun.
- Lastly, don’t think that the size of your dog will determine his or her boldness to play along! We have seen Olympic-courage from small dogs and giant dogs that prefer the shallow end.
Tickets go on sale to the public on September 1. Are you a member of the Piedmont Park Conservancy, or want to join? Members get early registration from August 28 through August 31.
Link for more information and registration: https://www.piedmontpark.org/splishsplash/