Renovation of the old Comfort Station, built in 1910, at the 12th Street Entrance created Piedmont Park Visitor Center in 1996. Overlooking newly restored Clara Meer dock, the Visitor Center features a ceiling mural “A Day in the Park” by local artist Ralph Gilbert. Nearby, a granite wall recognizes key donors on the Visitor Center front lawn. To see more photos, view the Visitor Center page.
The Restored Visitor Center
The Visitor Center before Restoration